My beliefs about the therapy:
- We all have the strength and inner resources to solve problems – sometimes, in times of crisis or chronic stress, we lose touch with those parts that are strong.
- The purpose of counselling is to open up a creative space and to help find the energy to resolve problems. In this way, the next time a problem comes up, we can draw on successful past experiences to solve it.
- Change comes from within.
- The community is a resource.
- We need to have someone we can trust, who believes in us, in order to work through difficult issues.